I called my mom a bitch when I was 13.
And was promptly met with a slap in the face.
Ok, hear me out. I’ve come a long way in the years in between, so far in fact that I not only had the courage to have a daughter of my own, but the tenacity to dedicate my life to working with teen girls.
To state the obvious: growing up is tough.
And we were there once.
When all of the things on paper mattered a lot. Student council offices. Homecoming court. Honor Roll. State Championships.
When the things that filled your brain were boys & homework & just fitting in (or for some of us, trying to stand out.)
When we were consumed with either doing or not doing everything that everyone was talking about. Sex & drugs & lying & alcohol & cheating…
When words like ‘popular’ or ‘perfection’ could take our breath away.
When we knew who we weren’t, but had no clue who we were.
I don’t know about you, but it feels like just yesterday to me. And as a mom of a daughter myself, I look at her (as she hacks away at her cell phone, chatters with friends, runs to & from activities & sports) and I think, what’s going on in that beautiful head of hers?
And mostly I think, how can I prepare her for what’s next, for college, for the real world, for (gasp) marriage & motherhood?
So that’s why I decided to make this my aim, my dream, my business (Hi! I’m so glad you’re here.)
Because as moms, we have a lot on our plates.
And by the time our girls hit that certain age, it’s like everything gets that much more hectic, dramatic, & confusing.
I’ve created an online program tailored to their unique life struggles, aha moments, fears, & desires. My passion is to support you both on your journey through these challenging years.
A bit more about me in Bullet Points (because who doesn’t love bullet points?)
- I have held my private practice in Southern California since 2011 working solely with teen girls & their mommas
- I’m a Board Certified Counselor (AADP)
- 2017 Tony Robbins Business Mastery Graduate
- I graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition based in New York.
- I hold two degrees in Social Work (BSW & MSW) from Indiana University & Indiana University/Purdue University.
- I’m a National University Clad Certified California Educator.
- I’ve been called “Every Mom’s Best Friend” once or thrice.
- I’m a big believer in helping girls tap into their inner spark, glow & discovering their beauty from the inside out (gets my heart racing just talking about it!)
- I have a gift for clarity & listening.
- Did I mention I have a daughter of my own? Hello, empathy.
- My favorite OPI nail color is ‘Tickle my France-y’.
- I feel safest & most myself when I’m within one of the greatest mothers ever (besides mine): Mother Nature.
- You will hear me say “just breathe” a lot. I think we sometimes just have to pause a beat before we react.
- I love to ride horses. They’ve gotten me through some serious sh*& (literally & figuratively).
- Still convinced that I will be a country singer someday. Don’t look at me like that.
- I own a vintage 1972 trailer with my mom & we tow it around to go camping. We call her Maggie after my great grandma & she has seen us through some incredible adventures
My system works because I help create a vision, set goals, strategize, identify actions, plan steps & develop tools to get to a good place emotionally.
Above all else, I’m here for you & your daughter.
YOU deserve a break, your girls deserve a breakthrough.
10 THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME
- I make my bed every single morning when I wake up.
- I put ketchup on my pizza.
- I rarely watch TV & could totally live without one.
- I always wanted to be a hairdresser when I grew up.
- I am left handed.
- I’m obsessed with navy eyeliner.
- I have a scar on my right cheek from a dog bite.
- I light incense almost every day.
- I love, love, love the color orange.
- I am a survivor of the 2017 Vegas Massacre.
226 Avenida Del Mar, San Clemente, California, 92672
Drop me a line. Because being a mom is tough & you need more than wine to deal with it…